Tuesday 16 October 2018

A Scary Time Song


Singer Lynzy Lab Stewart wrote this song A Scary Time as a parody in response to the Kavanaugh hearings and the president’s remark about what a scary time it is for young men right now.
The verses list all the things she can’t do because she is a woman.  I have included most of the lyrics because it is a bit hard to hear them all on the video.


“I can’t walk to my car late at night while on the phone. I can’t open up my windows when I’m home alone. I can’t go to the bar without a chaperone. I can’t wear a miniskirt if it’s the only one I own. I can’t use public transportation after 7pm. I can’t be brutally honest when you slide into my DMs. I can’t go to the club just to dance with my friends, and I can’t ever leave my drink unattended. I can’t jog around the city with headphones on my ears, I can’t speak out against my rapist after 35 years,”

Then the chorus is “it sure is a scary time for boys”.  “Yeah gentlemen! Band together, make some noise. It’s really tough when your reputation’s on the line and any woman you assaulted could turn up at any time.”

And then again, “But it sure is a scary time for boys. Can’t speak to any woman or look her in the eyes. It’s so confusing. Is it rape or is it just being nice? So inconvenient that you even have to think twice.”

“I can’t speak out against my rapist after 35 years. I can’t be taken seriously if I’m holding back tears. And I can’t ever speak earnestly about all these fears. Cause it sure is a scary time for dudes. Can’t text a girl repeatedly, asking for nudes. Can’t make a girl have sex when she’s not in the mood. And what gives her the right to give you attitude?

“Yeah, it sure is a scary time for men. Girls like to act like you’re to blame and they’re the victim. Her dress was short and she was drunk. She’s not so innocent. Thank God your dad’s a judge and you won’t be convicted.”

Check out the video and see what you think.  The story is changing.




No comments:

Post a Comment