Wednesday 24 February 2021

Earthrise

 

   

Amanda Gorman, activist and US National Youth Poet Laureate recites her poem Earthrise.  You may have seen her at the recent US Presidential Inauguration.  Prepare to be inspired!

 


 


On a hike in the woods, I came across a message in the snow: XOX, hugs and kisses. 
My heart expanded and I added the symbol of heart.

"Stay safe," was the next message that I read in the snow. 
Who was the author, who the audience? 
Who but a child or someone who was a child at heart would leave a message of love in the snow?
Who would send a wish of safety to those they had never met, would never meet?





A smiling face and a flower came next.  They made me smile s
o I added another heart and a peace sign.
I became a child at heart co-creating a message of love, a message of peace, a
 message of concern in the snow. 
The young are speaking.  Listen to their new story.
Be inspired.  Become a child at heart.
Dare to dream!



No comments:

Post a Comment